[Rubycocoa-devel 375] crash on ruby without '--enable-shared'(Re: )

アーカイブの一覧に戻る

kimura wataru kimur****@i*****
Fri Aug 25 23:44:31 JST 2006

Hi,

I wrote a patch to fix a RubyCocoa (svn trunk) crash on ruby without
'--enable-shared' option. The old .pbproj has a setting "SINGLE_MODULE = NO"
to disable a linker option "-Wl,-single_module". RubyCocoa linking
libruby.a built with the linker option did not work correctly.

The new .xcodeproj ignores the setting SINGLE_MODULE, and the setting
GENERATE_MASTER_OBJECT_FILE effects "-Wl,-single_module". I added
"GENERATE_MASTER_OBJECT_FILE = YES" and ran tests on RubyCocoa linking
libruby.a and libruby.dylib. I got good results from both of them.

Now, the repository of RubyCocoa project is moving to macosforge
([Rubycocoa-devel:372]). Is it better not to commit to the repository
in sourceforge?

--
kimura wataru