[MinGW-Users] MinGW installer cannot download a pthreads package

アーカイブの一覧に戻る
Robert Miles rober****@gmail*****
Mon Mar 29 04:12:09 JST 2021

On 3/28/2021 9:53 AM, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Keith Marshall:
>
> [snip]
>> I recently upgraded to Firefox-86.0, on my WinXP VM
> I did not know it was possible.  When I try to download
> Firefox from the official website, their keen-witted engine
> checks my OS decides that may have only the old and dead
> extended-support release of 52.9. How did you bypass it?

The obvious way to do it is to download the installation package as a
file on a computer with a more recent version of Windows, copy that file
to the WinXP computer, then try to install it.

That bypasses the Windows version check, so you can then check if
there's any other problem.