[Mingw-users] GDB began crashing in GetOpenFileNameA()

アーカイブの一覧に戻る

raynebc . rayne****@gmail*****
Sun May 13 10:08:17 JST 2018

I've been using GDB 7.6.1-1 with MinGW for a while now across various
versions of Windows, and after recently performing some Windows on my
development computer (Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1) and rebooting, running my
program through the GDB debugger in Code::Blocks would trigger GDB to crash
when I invoked a file browser (Windows's GetOpenFileNameA() function).  I
don't know much about debugging, but under the advice of others I collected
the following output by attaching GDB to the crashed GDB process:

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x77bd000d in ntdll!DbgBreakPoint () from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x77c5f306 in ntdll!DbgUiRemoteBreakin ()
   from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x4c6174e9 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
(gdb) bt 1 full
#0  0x77bd000d in ntdll!DbgBreakPoint () from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
(More stack frames follow...)
(gdb) info thread
  Id   Target Id         Frame
* 3    Thread 8484.0x2278 0x77bd000d in ntdll!DbgBreakPoint ()
   from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
  2    Thread 8484.0x19a4 0x77be018d in ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects ()
   from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
  1    Thread 8484.0x2310 0x77be018d in ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects ()
   from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
(gdb)

And the more lengthy output from the "thread apply all bt full" command:
https://pastebin.com/raw/NVCnBB8f

I can work around this problem by passing the file I wanted to load in my
program over the command line so I didn't have to use the file browser, but
I was hoping there is a way I could resolve this.  Given the timing of this
problem, I would assume it's likely due to the Windows updates, but does
anybody else know if this is the case?  Is there any useful debugging I can
collect to help provide a solution?  Thanks in advance.