Nitrux is a Linux desktop distribution directly based on Debian. It uses the Calamares installer and includes NX Desktop and NX Firewall on the KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and KDE Applications.
Nitrux emphasizes the use of AppImages to manage end-user software. Nitrux also does not use systemd as its init system; instead, it uses OpenRC.
Nitrux includes a suite of convergent applications called Maui Apps. We use MauiKit, our convergent, cross-platform UI framework, to create these applications. Both MauiKit and the Maui Apps are entirely free and open-source software.
In addition to this, we include a curated selection of free and open-source software by default; we don’t add proprietary software.
Nitrux is always up-to-date, thanks to using the latest Debian base and to the effort of the KDE Neon developers, who provide the latest stable releases of Plasma. Nitrux also provides its users with the latest MESA drivers from Git and kernels optimized for intensive tasks such as gaming with XanMod.
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 1.1.6. This new version brings together the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 1.1.6 is available for immediate download. To update, please check the Compendium for instructions.
- The sixth release of Nitrux 1.1.x series.
- Updated Linux kernel to LTS version 4.19.35.
- Updated Waterfox to version 56.2.9.
- Updated LibreOffice to version 6.2.3.
- Updated KDE Plasma to version 5.15.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.57.0, and KDE Applications to version 19.04.
- Updated znx. New features include restore-esp (Restore the EFI System Partition of a given device); reset (Delete all user data of the specified image); stats (Show statistics about the provided image).
- znx will now deploy systems in a different order, and each system will have its data directory within its own structure.
- Updated ZNX GUI. The basic UI for znx now gives access to all the features of znx, including its new commands. ZNX GUI now makes use of notifications for status information.
- A future update will restore the Maui apps (Index, Buho, Pix, VVave, Nota, and Station).