Nitrux is a Linux desktop distribution directly based on Debian. It uses the Calamares installer and includes NX Desktop and NX Firewall on top of the KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and KDE Applications. Nitrux utilizes the Debian package manager (dpkg) and its extended set of tools, APT (Advanced Packaging Tool), to manage the operating system and manage the software. Nitrux supports both Legacy BIOS and EFI 64-bit computers only; there’s no support for 32-bit.
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 1.1.6. This new version brings together the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 1.1.6 is available for immediate download. To update, please check the Compendium for instructions.
- The sixth release of Nitrux 1.1.x series.
- Updated Linux kernel to LTS version 4.19.35.
- Updated Waterfox to version 56.2.9.
- Updated LibreOffice to version 6.2.3.
- Updated KDE Plasma to version 5.15.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.57.0, and KDE Applications to version 19.04.
- Updated znx. New features include restore-esp (Restore the EFI System Partition of a given device); reset (Delete all user data of the specified image); stats (Show statistics about the provided image).
- znx will now deploy systems in a different order, and each system will have its data directory within its own structure.
- Updated ZNX GUI. The basic UI for znx now gives access to all the features of znx, including its new commands. ZNX GUI now makes use of notifications for status information.
- A future update will restore the Maui apps (Index, Buho, Pix, VVave, Nota, and Station).