[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #41070: Please include libgccjit with MinGW GCC distribution

アーカイブの一覧に戻る
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sun Jan 10 22:03:49 JST 2021

#41070: Please include libgccjit with MinGW GCC distribution

  Open Date: 2020-12-23 17:28
Last Update: 2021-01-10 13:03

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/41070
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=41070

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Reply To eliz

    I think statically linking against libintl is a Good Thing,

You are fully entitled to that opinion, but please allow me to disagree...

    especially since, as we see, the newer libintl-8.dll is not 100%
    compatible, as it causes the program to use libintl's version of setlocale.
    If using that entry point could be avoided, then a dynamic dependency on
    libintl wouldn't be a problem, I think (or rather hope). Otherwise, it's a
    bit of DLL hell, given the same name of the DLL.

Are you saying that you have applications which depend on your older release of
libintl-8.dll, and which will not work with MinGW's latest libintl-8.dll
release? If that is indeed the case, then either your libintl-8.dll, (which I
assume you built yourself), may be incompatible with any MinGW release, or GNU
gettext has introduced an incompatible change, upstream, without making the
necessary adjustment in the libtool versioning attributes; in the latter case,
that should be considered to be an upstream bug, and should be reported as
such. (Do, please, remember that the MinGW/Cygwin DLL versioning conventions
promise only backward compatibility for older applications; there is no
guarantee that an outdated DLL release will remain forward compatible with
newer applications).

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: eliz
         Owner: keith
          Type: Feature Request
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: GCC
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

Please add libgccjit to the binaries included in the MinGW GCC distributions.
This is required to be able to build projects that use libgccjit for JIT
compilation of code. One example of this is "gccemacs", a branch of GNU Emacs
development (soon to land on the master branch of Emacs) that compiles Emacs
Lisp programs into native x86 code for faster runtime performance.

Thank you.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net